#Handbook - Valentines Day or Lonely Hearts Day?


It's that time of year again where romance and slushy music is on in every shop, club, cafe or on TV. 

This might be me tomorrow!
You can't avoid Valentines Day and even if you wanted to participate in the celebrations or go into a corner and cry and be like Bridget Jones and eat ice cream and drink a lot of wine until you end up listening to all the love songs in the world sobbing on the floor like a crazed lunatic!
Yes and this might be me! 
And whether we'd like to admit or not being Aspergers is difficult as it is without the whole world finding yet another reason to isolate us and well make me wanna curl up in a ball under the duvet eating Ben and Jerry's (although allergic to Lactose and Wheat!) and block out the possible heart break of the realisation that I am in fact alone on the most Romantic Day of the Year! Or the awful past of actually having a boyfriend and messing it up due to the fact that the autistic me is  someone who cannot cope with relationships with another person as well as the person it lives in - meaning me!


There is another option which includes getting dressed up and putting make up on and going out and having fun without the awful alone feelings associated with this day to celebrate something even more worth while! 

I'm SINGLE! 

Roses are Red- I GET IT! 
So instead of feeling hopeless and insecure.
Fave Film ever!
I should start Praising myself and loving the fact that I am an independent woman who doesn't really need the whole flowers and chocolate treatment. But would rather much prefer a good steak and chips and then move over to the couch and watch my favourite film with a massive bag of popcorn before retiring to a bed I don't have to share and starfish because I don't have to worry about kicking someone else out of bed as we've all seen what happens when Chandler does the Hug and Roll thing in Friends!
It didn't end well!
Sex and The City - Girl Power!

So before the depression and the horrid feelings invade try and think positively! 

It might seem like the whole world has another reason to put you in the corner and tell you that you can't join in with all the happiness but at the end of the day Valentines isn't really a big deal! 
When I as younger it used to bother me but as an adult I think it is better to find yourself and understand what you need before taking on someone else and ending up in a relationship where you feel you can't be yourself. 

If you don't want a relationship it's totally ok, and being single and just spending the day or evening with all the couples loved up with your friends instead and not really bother about being depressed that you're not in a relationship because in the words of Miss Miranda Hobbs: 

"We Moan when we Don't have Boyfriends and When we get one we Moan Then!" 

So tomorrow if you are doing something with someone special - have a lovely day! 

If you're like me then make plans to either go out and have a laugh and take advantage that every place is giving away free stuff or have special offers on and just have a giggle and not worry about having someone in your life. It is ok to be single and independent!!! 

Enjoy This song - it's for all those single girls out there! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discrimination towards Autism NEEDS TO STOP!

The Meltdown Confession

When The Mask Slips Off