Happy Autism Awareness Day everyone

Today is a day to celebrate and raise awareness to what is very misunderstood condition of the mind. 
As this blog being all about Aspergers and specifically Aspergers Syndrome and how it effects girls, teens and also adults with the form of Autism that can be overlooked and sometimes ignored. 

Yesterday I watched a Horizon programme deadicated to promoting the awareness of Autism, and was intrigued to see girls from all different aspects of the spectrum being inculded in the programme. One of the problems with this programme was there was only 1 female contruibutor with AS who was interviewed, the rest were all male. This could be for numerous amount of reasons but I thought as I was watching this programme that there should've been a little bit more focus on the female point of view when it came to living with autism whatever the part of the spectrum it would be. 

I think today should be in part a day for females to stand up and say I have autism to and I am proud of it, as this documentary showed how talented and amazing people with whatever form of autism can be outside of social situations. We can learn to adapt and form relationships that be everlasting friendships - i know this to be true as I have some amazing friends espically my best friends who accept me for who I am and nothing else, who I feel comfortable with to show the real side of myself and not the protective layer over the top. 
One of my main points to get accross as it is awareness day is to have and conduct more studies into how females cope with their autism and how it develops in young girls and how it differs as the girl grows into an adult as on the programme they speculated that females: 

                          "Are in some way more Protective." 
In simple terms this means that they reallly wanted to say that they have no idea how females whether they be children, adolsents or adults deal with Autism or how it actually occurs.
 Also for all readers who are not on the spectrum , Hello, we are not a different race of people, we are the same as you on the outside... BUT we are different in the way our brain has developed and how we see the world. We are not scary Aliens, we are humans to , and we are adnormal and strange but we are exactly the same and we mean you no harm. I hope my blog can help into the insight of the world of Autism in girls and females and that it has helped? 

This is our day today so celebrate and be proud to be you!!! 

Sophie xxxxx

 here's a little photo of me!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discrimination towards Autism NEEDS TO STOP!

The Meltdown Confession

When The Mask Slips Off