Welcome to my world .. Media City UK

So i'm now back in my university building. I talk alot about it and released you guys have never seen it so let me introduce you to my main building and some of the sights of media city UK.


The Big Blue Building is my University building that we share with ITV, they live upstairs and see into the third floor of our bit of the building. Media students haven't yet began to make begging signs out of cardboard to get a job. We basically let our experience for ourselves.  Media City is dominated by the BBC, this is their North West home and national base as well as Broadcasting house where the majority of the productions are still based! The BBC and ITV do like using our facilities and the students that are housed here to do work for them.
Students are also willing allowed to work sometimes for CBBC and CBBIES which is awesome as we all love to be big kids. Blue Peter is housed at Media City and the Garden is next to the tram stop. It's not as big as the old one though!
This is my main campus, so when it's sunny I want to sit on the grass and do my work but unfortunately the internet doesn't stretch outside and cuts out as soon as I leave the building. I get upset because I always need the internet!

A new addition has just arrived across the way which is the new set of Coronation Street (The big ITV Soap) that has just finished being built and is now being used as it's main base. I love the fact that across the bridge we have the biggest continuous drama in the UK being filmed near to us! I graduate this year unfortunately but thinking of continuing my studies here at MCUK!

 In that picture you can see the last of the BBC buildings, which is Quay House. BBC Sport, Radio 5 Live, BBC Breakfast , BBC North West Today/Tonight and BBC Radio Manchester all come from that building.

This is the environment where I get stressed or have fun, I am going to miss it and do get Media City withdrawals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discrimination towards Autism NEEDS TO STOP!

The Meltdown Confession

When The Mask Slips Off